- Catalog - 8D Series
- Catalog - Quadrax Contacts
- Datasheet - 8D Power Series
- Datasheet - 8D High Power Contacts
- Datasheet - 8D Composite Series
- Datasheet - 8D Double Flange Series
- Datasheet - 8D Integrated Backshell Series
- Datasheet - 8D Series Black Zinc Nickel
- Datasheet - 8D Series BMA Coaxial Contacts
- Datasheet - 8D Series Twinax & Quadrax Contacts
- Datasheet - 8D Series Receptacle with Clinch Nuts or Helicoils
- Datasheet - 8DV High Vibration
- Datasheet - 8LT, 8ST & 8D Reinforced Sealing
- Datasheet - 38999 High Density
- Datasheet - PCB Contacts without Shoulder
- Datasheet - Tin Plated PCB Contacts
- Datasheet - Hermetic Fuel Tank with Removable Contacts
- RoHS Status
- Compliant to the main standards (MIL-DTL-38999 series III, EN3645, BACC63, CECC)
- Available in 5 high end materials and 5 platings
- 54 QPL layouts are available in accordance with MIL-STD-1560
- Concrete RoHS alternative to cadmium
Key features and benefits
The Souriau D38999 connector series, also called 8D series is a highly reliable connector compliant to the main mil-spec standards (MIL-DTL-38999 series III, EN3645, BACC63, CECC) and answers the most stringent requirements in harsh environments.
Available in 5 high end materials and 5 platings (8D aluminum, 8D composite, 8D titanium, 8D stainless steel and 8D bronze), the 8D series connectors fit all the corrosion, shock, endurance or firewall capabilities you will encounter.
A full range of contacts are also available with D38999 connectors such as signal transmission, high speed data transmission (quadrax, twinax, coax, ELIO®). 54 QPL layouts are available in accordance with MIL-STD-1560.
The D38999 series is compliant with the MIL-DTL-38999 standard connector design with unique self-locking mechanism (patented by SOURIAU), visual mating indication, scoop proof, quick screw coupling and 360° shielding. The patented self-locking system and the metallic contact retention clip technology make the product perfect for high vibration applications or rough handling in the field.
This serie's connectors offer concrete RoHS alternatives to cadmium. Esterline Connection Technologies - SOURIAU has more than 10 years of experience in producing Zn Ni with continuous improvements to comply with military and aerospace harsh environment conditions. Our Zn Ni connectors are the first ones to be qualified by the US Defense standards organization (DLA Land and Maritime). It provides the most cost effective solution for a cadmium alternative finish.
- Self-locking coupling mechanism
- Contact protection
- Quick coupling - 11/4 turn to mate
- Visual mating indication
- EMI shielding
- D38999, EN3645 or BACC63 standard part numbering
- 8D part numbering for commercial cost effective solution
The video below explains how to cross-reference the part numbers of SOURIAU (8D) with standard part numbers (D38999, MIL-DTL-38999 series III, BACC, EN3645, CECC):
Find out more about how SOURIAU-SUNBANK is complying with REACH and innovating to phase out usage of chemicals in our processes for D38999 connectors:
SOURIAU-SUNBANK also supplies MIL-SPEC D38999 backshells in a range of materials and platings.
Have questions about our D38999 series or need a quote? Our technical and commercial teams are ready to help!
Examples of application field
The 8D series is a highly reliable connector compliant to the main standards (MIL-DTL-38999 series III, EN3645, BACC63) and answer the most stringent requirements in harsh environments.