- Flexible optical/ electrical hybrid designs
- Easy to terminate
- Easy to clean
Key features and benefits
ELIO® AQ adaptors allow to use ELIO® fiber optic contact technology in all standard ARINC 600 and 38999 sIII connectors with insert cavities size 8. Many optical / electrical hybrid layouts are available.
The flight proven ELIO® fiber optics termini are designed around a robust 2.5mm ceramic ferrule. The assembly is as easy an ST connector. The insertion and retention inside the connector is ensured by a bayonet locking mechanism without any special tool. The termini integrates a seal inside the rear boot, thus the connection is sealed from the rear side without a backshell or a grommet. The 8D ELIO® range covers layout from 1 to 24 ways in all type of material shell.
Each cavity can be upgraded with the brand-new ELIOBEAM expanded beam ELIO® version.
In the female insert, the termini are flushed to the insert surface, thus making easy the fiber optical end-face inspection and cleaning, compared to the traditional dust collecting socket design.
The same termini part number can adapt tight or loose structure cable
- The fiber optic termini is keyed for better vibration withstanding and optical performances repeatability
- Multimode contact - Insertion Loss (IL):
- < 0.3dB over 95% of the samples as per EN2591-601
- < 0.7dB maximum on 100% of the samples after tests
- Singlemode contact - Insertion Loss (IL):
- < 0.5dB over 95% of the samples as perEN2591-601
- < 0.9dB maximum on 100% of the samples after tests
Examples of application field
The ELIO® AQ adaptor is used for aerospace, space, defense, marine and industrial applications.
Landing gear sensor
The ELIO® fiber based hybrid connector allows sensing signal transmission close to a high power line.
Hybrid fiber / electrical connection is the solution for missile limited space application
The 8D JVS serie from Souriau with the ELIO® AQ adaptor is fully proven in corrosive environment