- Class 1E LOCA
- RCC-E K1 qualified
- Hexagonal screw nut for quick coupling
- Flexible and robust metal conduit
- EPR compliant
- High shielding performance
- Optimized cabling and easy maintenance (8NA junction boxes)
- Multiple inputs and outputs (8NA junction boxes)
- Factory wired (8NA6G wired field card)
Key features and benefits
The 8NA series is dedicated range of connectors complying with LOCA safety requirements. With approved component materials, our connectors meet the highest radiation levels and harshest nuclear environment. SOURIAU’s range complies with the main nuclear industry standards (RCC-E and IEEE).
The 8NA connectors are supplied by SOURIAU worldwide in nuclear power plants and have been for more than 40 years.
- Coupling nut tightening torque: 5 daN.m
- Endurance: 50 mating / unmating
- Temperature range: -40 to +85°C (-40 to 185°F)
- Temperature peak: +160°C (320°F)
- Radiation: 85 MRads “gamma” at 70°C (158°F)
- Seismic tests:
- OBE (Operating Basis Earthquake): 2g ZPA
- SSE (Safe Shutdown Earthquake): 4g ZPA
- Loss of Coolant Accident (LOCA):
- Temperature envelope: 156°C (313°F) max.
- Pressure envelope: 5,6 bars (81 psig) max.
- Post accidental conditions:
- 100°C (212°F) during 240 hrs
Examples of application field
8NA connectors are used in many LOCA qualified applications: from instrumentation to valve actuation and primary equipment in nuclear power plants.