- Available in aluminum or composite version
- Serial contact protection
- EMI shielding
- Ligther than micro-D or D-sub standard connectors
Key features and benefits
The microComp® series is a miniature high density rectangular connector.
microComp® shells are made out of strengthened fiber glass material for a maximum mechanical resistance. Composite shells are up to 36% lighter than aluminum shells. The advanced «Nickel over composite» plating process used on microComp® has been qualified on SOURIAU MIL-DTL-38999 product range. This technology selected by Boeing and Airbus, provides optimized shielding and shell-to-shell continuity.
microComp® male connectors are scoop-proof. On HD D-Sub and D-Sub male contacts are the fragile parts of the connector because they can easily be bent. On microComp® connectors, male contacts are fully shrouded by the insulator: they are protected and cannot be bent.
With its very short contacts, microComp® connectors have high Ethernet performance.
Fully Ethernet 100 base T compatible :
- Fit up to 4 Ethernet links into a 25 ways microComp®
- Compatible with standard Ethernet Quad wires
- Reach up to cat 6 performances (TIA/EIA 568-B)
Fully Ethernet 1000 base T compatible :
- Fit up to 2 Ethernet links in to a 25 ways microComp®
- No need to ground the pins between the quads
- Reach cat 5e performances (TIA/EIA 568-B)
In addition to its high-level product reliability, SOURIAU-SUNBANK Connection Technologies also takes advantage of an efficient worldwide distribution network with high level of connector stock. Major defense, aviation and industrial players thus trust SOURIAU-SUNBANK Connection Technologies expertise and industrial excellence.